About Citizens for D51
Citizens for School District 51 is a coalition of business owners, parents, teachers, and voters that know schools are the bedrock of stable and growing economies. Our members live and work in every corner of the Valley and continues to grow as word spreads about the incredibly important election in November.
Our committee is chaired by Kelly Flenniken, Xcel Energy's Area Manager and former Executive Director of the Grand Junction Economic Partnership.
The other members of our committee are:
- John Williams: School Board President
- Tom Parrish: School Board Representative and lifelong educator.
- Phyllis Norris: Grand Junction City Councilmember
- Carol Skubic: Former Vice President at Wells Fargo Bank
- Tim Fry: President and CEO of Mountain Racing Products and Chairman of the Board of the Grand Junction Economic Partnership.
- Sarah Shrader: owner and founder of Bonsai Design.
- Christi Reece: President of the Christi Reece group, a Grand Junction firm specializing in local realty.
- Heather O'Brien: Educator and president of Mesa Valley Education Association
- Angela Christensen: Colorado Mesa University Adjunct Professor, District 51 Foundation Coordinator, and local business owner
- Rob Pierce: Local Attorney and founder of Save our Students in District 51
- Will Hays: COO of Hilltop Community Resources, Inc.